Mission Trip to Managua, Nicaragua
When: Tuesday, November 28 – Tuesday, December 5
Where: The school is in Cristo Rey, a community of 10,000 people about one-hour drive east of Managua, the capital city of Nicaragua. The school is in a community adjacent to a large trash dump. Many residents there make their living by sorting and selling items of value from the dump. We will stay in Managua in a casita next to the home of David Mason and his wife Jheymmy, the missionaries who manage the FundaCristo school and foundation.
Why: Jesus commands us to go into all the world, beginning at home and moving towards the ends of the earth. Short-term Missions Trips help us understand that God is at work and His Kingdom is growing all around the world. We get to see what stirs God’s heart. This perspective can reshape the way we live our lives, how we pray, and how we worship.
Cost: We estimate that it will cost about $1500 per person. Approximately half is the cost of flights, and the other half goes to in-country expenses while on the trip (accommodations, meals, supplies). Other funds provided by Global Missions will go to FundaCristo to help cover work project expenses and event costs. We will discuss fundraising options to help offset the cost of the trip at one of our team meetings, and partial scholarships are available—discuss with Missions staff.
- Tuesday, November 28 – Travel
- Wednesday, November 29 – Elementary and Preschool Graduation
- Thursday, November 30 – High School Field Trip
- Friday, December 1 – Gala Event for High School Graduates
- Saturday, December 2 – High School Graduation
- Sunday, December 3 – Teachers Getaway Experience
- Monday, December 4 – 6th Grade Field Trip and Debrief
- Tuesday, December 5 – Travel
If you have questions feel free to reach out!
- Pastor Danny Hartmann
- Click to email