At The Lakeway Church, we care about families. Faith and family are inherently intertwined – each supports and strengthens the other. We believe there is value in worshiping as a family as well as building relationships within the community of the church. God called us to do life together, and to that end, we provide numerous opportunities for you to nurture your relationship with your child as well as grow in your faith as a family. Our Family Ministry focuses on 3 main topics:
- Positive Parenting
- Prioritizing Marriage
- Healthy Finances
- Boundaries With Kids is a Study Group that will take you through the ins and outs of instilling the kind of character in your children that will help them lead balanced, productive, and fulfilling adult lives. The current class series is FULL. Watch for information on the next series.
- Family Camp is an opportunity for you to start the school year off right by centering your family on Christ. The weekend will give you a chance to connect with other families and enjoy time in God’s great outdoors. Not to mention, one last chance to float the river and let the kids play before saying bye to summer. Click here for the 2019 dates.
- Family Mission Trip is always a great opportunity for families to serve together. Each year, TLC partners with a mission organization called Casas Por Cristo to build homes for families in Acuna, Mexico. This is a hands-on trip where every member of our team participates in the construction from start to finish. Click here to learn more.
- Journey Through Divorce is a program for ages 10-16 going through a divorce in their family. The Journey program has a strong experiential component, video, psychological education, and coping skills. This program will begin January 22, 2019, meeting Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 pm. For more information, visit http://www.journeythroughdivorce.com/. Register your kids here.
- Marriage Retreat is a seminar for married couples to refresh your friendship while getting some positive marriage coaching. Our goal is to provide a space for you to focus on the most important human relationship in your life. There will be an opening session on Friday evening with Larry and Kim. Then you will be sent out to have a dinner date with your spouse. Saturday we will be at the church from 9:00-2:00 for two more sessions with Larry and Kim and a breakout to choose your marriage emphasis. We will enjoy lunch together at the church on Saturday. Mark it on your calendar- Feb. 22/23. Click here for more information.
- Dinner & A Marriage is a way for you to be intentional about your marriage & have a fun date night! We provide a relaxed and romantic atmosphere, so all you need to do is come and unplug from the everyday stressors of life. Did we mention that we provide childcare? Next event is April 8th. Stay tuned for more information.
- Crown Financial is a 10-week in-depth study of what scripture teaches about money and possessions. Graduates have confirmed that marriages are being strengthened and individuals are finding their way out of debt. They are also becoming consistent savers, generous givers, and prudent consumers. Most importantly, people are entering into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ as they learn to apply His Word. Groups meet for two hours every week and include scripture memorization and interactive discussions. We are planning to offer this course in the future. In you are interested, please contact Luke Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information.