Jesus said: "... you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ~Acts 1:8
Financial support for all the TLC Outreach endeavors is not included in the church's annual operating budget, but is raised solely by special offerings at Easter and Christmas. We are called to be Christ's witnesses to Lakeway, to the Lake Travis/Texas area and to the ends of the earth. Based on Christ's words, TLC has structured our outreach efforts into three categories:
LOCAL: Lake Travis Community:
- · Lake Travis Crisis Ministries
- · Helping Hands Crisis Ministry of Spicewood
- · Caring for Neighbors
- · Partners in Hope
AREA: Austin & Surrounding Area:
- · Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN)
- · Christian Compassion Center
- · Christ Together Greater Austin
- · Luke 4:18 Ministry
- · Prison Ministry
- · Prison Fellowship Angel Tree
GLOBAL: State, National & Foreign:
- · Stateside Missionaries
- · Foreign Missionaries
- World Vision
- · Operation Christmas Child
- · Short-Term Mission Trips
For many years, The Lakeway Church has participated in a program entitled "Angel Tree" which provides gifts to children of incarcerated parents. In recent years, the church has purchased monetary gift cards, which are then "purchased" by members. These cards are distributed to local Austin area families through various agencies.
Luke 4:18 Ministry
Luke 4:18 Ministry sponsors two safe-houses for women where some are breaking the cycle of addiction through the help of Biblical principles and the latest scientific information about how the brain works, and others are working with Christian Women’s Job Corps to learn job skills and attain their GED.
The Lakeway Church has supported this ministry financially for many years.
Lake Travis Crisis MinistriesThe Lake Travis Crisis Ministries is an interreligious, all volunteer organization, helping families and individuals in a crisis situation, working in the Lake Travis area for over 20 years, providing food, clothing, financial assistance, whatever is necessary for individuals in need. Their boundaries are the Lake Travis Independent School District boundaries. The Lakeway Church continually supports this ministry financially. In addition, there is always a grocery cart either in the Narthex or in the Fellowship Center where our members drop off foodstuffs which are taken weekly to the Crisis Ministry pantry. To find out more about the Lake Travis Crisis Ministries, visit their website at http://www.laketraviscrisisministires.org
Mission Trip - AdultsStep out in Faith and join your Lakeway Church brothers and sisters in Christ on a life-changing adventure, a SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIP. Are you ready to follow the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20)? There is still much work to be done in this world...If not you, then who? Take a chance and embark on a life-changing experience – join us!
October 27 - November 3 there will be an adult mission trip to the Haiti Health Ministries in Gressier. Needed are clinic personnel and skilled contractors (electrical, plumbing, construction, etc.) For further information, contact Stephen Norwood, email@example.com or 512-590-2155.
DOWNLOAD A SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIP APPLICATION HERE. You may fill it out and submit it by email or print it out and send/bring it to the church office.
Mission Trip - StudentsOnce a year, during the summer, both the Middle School students and the High School students go on a mission trip to Waco, TX. The students stay in the Mission Waco complex, do service projects in the morning and host street camps (a type of VBS for local children) in the afternoon. The trip is open to any student going into 6-12 grades for that upcoming school year. Contact Danny Hartmann, Director of Youth Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Missionary SupportThe Lakeway Church has an on-going commitment to 26 missionary families throughout the United States and around the world. The funds for their support are not included in the church's annual operating budget, but are raised solely by special offerings at Easter and Christmas. Our Outreach budget is approximately $200,000 per year, of which the Missionary Support is currently $81,200. The Mission committee supports these missionaries, all of whom have a multi-year relationship with The Lakeway Church and have all demonstrated they are chosen by God to do this work.
- Vidal & Cathy, Commission to Every Nation
- David & Irma, Evangelism Explosion International
- Brett & Angie, One Mission Society
- Matt & Stacey, One Mission Society
- Dr. Baptiste, One Mission Society
- Jim & Sandy, Haiti Health Ministries
- Nicke Wille, Casas por Cristo
- Lynn & Roar, Youth With A Mission
- Michael, Cadence International
- Erik & Terry, Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Mark & Les, Pro-Vision International
- Tim & Janice, Restoration Gateway
- Andrey & Olga, Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU)
- Nila, International Partnerships
- Sveta, International Partnerships
- Nick & Maia, International Partnerships
- Ira, International Partnerships
- Alys, New Mission Systems International
- Vitally, CRU/Global Media Outreach
- Ali & Melissa, Crescent Project
- Danny & Kristen, Pioneers
- Brian & Cathy, Bridges International, NYC
- Greg & Becky, Bridges International, Texas
- Chris & Monica, Bridges International, Texas
- Jon & Libby, Camino Global, Texas
- Ed & Elenore, Evangelism Explosion, North Carolina