In the student ministry, we’ve identified several key times in the life of a student as they journey from elementary school all the way into college. We’ve sought to develop our programming strategically around these crucial turning points in order to best coach our students in their spiritual growth. These programs are specially designed for the time at which they’re offered, and students aren’t able to take them later on. Don’t miss out!
- 5-5-5 Open House (5th graders & parents) – Spring 2023 at The Lakeway Church (Bldg. D, 2nd Floor). An event focusing on the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and social aspects that parents and their 5th grade students should prepare for before move into middle school. Come hear from guest speakers including a local middle school teacher, a licensed professional counselor with experience in the district, our student ministry team, and senior pastor Larry Coulter as they speak on this important transition! There is no RSVP required. Just show up and bring a friend!
- 6th Grade Kick Off Retreat! (6th graders & parents) – August 5-6, 2022. Entering into 6th grade is a big leap from elementary school. We want to help students make that transition well! Students will go on a one-night retreat at Highland Lakes Camp centered around the theme of spiritual and social influences in the progression into middle school: What kind of things and people do you allow to shape your life and your choices? After dropping students off at camp, parents are invited to a separate gathering discussing this transition from a parenting perspective.
- Relationship Status (7th & 8th graders) – Beginning April 3, 2022. Middle school is a transitional time as many students begin to consider more and more the ideas of relationships, sex, and dating, asking questions like: Who should I date? How should I date? How far is too far? Relationship Status is a 4-week journey that challenges middle school students to consider how God views them and what that means for how they should treat those of the opposite sex. Click HERE to sign up!
- Faith 101 (8th grade and above) – Spring 2023. Students need space to ask hard questions and wrestle with what they believe. We believe this is part of the process of taking ownership of their faith. Students will spend time learning and discussing what it means to follow Jesus in high school and beyond.
- Discipleship (9th graders) — Fall 2022. The purpose of our discipleship milestone is to develop lifelong disciples of Jesus through developing strong intergenerational relationships between Godly adults and students. This is a 9-month commitment to walk alongside someone further along in their faith and pursue intentional, accelerated, spiritual growth. Students will be divided and meet regularly as a cluster to grow in relationship, encourage one another, and grow spiritually. We will also host 3 gatherings or retreats throughout the program to celebrate the progress, to lift one another up as a group, and to look ahead to the next step in the process.
- College Prep (12th graders) – Beginning April 4, 2022. In College Prep, we walk with students through an exploration of the successes and failures of their own middle and high school journeys in order to best navigate their futures. We help students to see and articulate the lessons God has been teaching them that can guide them in the transition from life now into the increasing freedoms and opportunities that come after high school. Click HERE to sign up!