Welcome to Lakeway Church Stephen Ministry
- Brent Graham Pastor of Senior and Care Ministry Email Brent Graham
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry equips Lakeway Church members (Stephen Ministers) to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to persons experiencing difficulties such as changes in relationships, family, employment, relocation, finances, health, spiritual needs, and more.
Stephen Ministry carefully recruits, selects, trains, and provides ongoing support to Stephen Ministers to provide the best care to their brothers and sisters in Christ.
Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ commands…
To equip the saints for the work of ministry. – Ephesians 4:12a
Therefore encourage one another and build up each other. – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2
How Can I Benefit from a Stephen Minister?
We all experience challenges in life -times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers will “be there” for their care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week for as long as needed.
- A consistent and caring relationship brings hope and comfort through the love of Christ, the healing hand of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Sharing with someone confident who will not judge you or tell you how to fix the problem lessens the burden.
- Verbalizing thoughts to a listening ear can remove the power of the situation over you and allow you to better think through and respond to situations.
- Knowing that the Stephen Minister will provide distinctively Christian and strictly confidential care for as long as needed brings comfort, assurance, and peace.
- NOTE: A Stephen Minister is not a pastor, counselor or therapist, problem solver, errand runner, or casual visitor. A Stephen Minister is the Care Giver; God is the Cure Giver.
Could you or someone you know benefit from the confidential, one-to-one care of a Stephen Minister?
Become a Stephen Minister
Stephen Ministers Offer God’s Loving Presence
A Stephen Minister is a Lakeway Church member who has completed 50 hours of Christ-centered relationship training and is willing to make a minimum two-year service commitment. Once trained, Stephen Ministers are commissioned to provide quality care to a care receiver for about one hour each week to help in a life challenge or crisis. Commissioned Stephen Ministers also commit to attending peer supervision and continuing education sessions twice per month.
Joys and Benefits of Being a Stephen Minister
- Experience the fulfillment of serving God in a meaningful way.
- Learn the skill of active listening, reaping the benefits in all of your relationships.
- Be amazed at the joy of being a caregiver and seeing God be the cure-giver.
- Develop a closer relationship with God as you become a vessel through which He heals His hurting children.
- Discover the amazing transformation of your prayer life as you deepen your spiritual relationship with God.
Prayerfully Seek God’s Direction
Do your spiritual gifts, interests, wounds, and passions match this ministry?
Do you desire to grow spiritually and make a difference?
Is God calling you to Stephen Ministry?